Dear Readers,
Many of you ask how we created this friendship. In may I was training at my personal gym (Carolina Fitness Center) here in Greenville, SC when one of my clients comes in for her session and says, I know two people from Greenville that were selected to the Biggest Loser Show. I replied, you have to be kidding me, please tell me you are joking. She said they left around May 12th. She said if I hear anything I will call you. My client is in charge of their advertising. A couple of months go by and I get a call from my friend telling my they are off the ranch. Im am about to come unglued, I want to meet them, I explained. She said she will work on it.
You must understand, I am a trainer who lived in LA. I am not too impressed with many people from TV. I was on 90210 and Party of Five as a extra. I did a 5k with Oprah and with my business in LA I have been in so many peoples home from TV series and Bands it's like another day.
These guys are now, on one of my favorite shows and I love my job and helping people change their lifes. I am in between training and I get the phone call that changed my life, my friend Kat calls me and says, I ran into the Biggest Loser at my gym. I said, did you meet them? She said her name is Amy and she takes the same Body Combat class that I take everyday. Kat then says, would you mind if I invited them to your BootCamp class. I said you get them here so I can meet them I will comp your class. Kat says, see you on Friday when they get there. I laughed and said yeah, yeah, I hear these stories everyday.
I am getting ready for class August 2nd 2008 and I look up as Kat brings them in the door. She brings them over and as soon as she introduced me, I felt a bond instantly. I turned the heat up a little, that Friday morning because I wanted them to know that I train hard and I am standing in front of two people that are on one the most watched TV shows.
I was so excited that I canceled my next appointment, so I could hangout with them. As we met after class, I'll never forget what Amy told me, (we feel like we were sent here), like a prayer was answered. They both were full of energy and I have to admit, just good ole southern people. They left and I prayed that they would come back and you know what? They did!
We planned a meeting on how we were going to reach our goals and how we would workout and when BootCamp started and when I could train. I have to say, they are about as dedicated as anyone that I have ever met. They know what it takes and they get it done.
I like to make the workouts hard but different. I first workout was to a place called Parrish Mtn. with 20lb weighted vests. It took us a hour and a half in the mountains after Phillip decided to get sick on us. Lets say he wasn't feeling good that day.
Our workouts consist of 6 days of cardio and 3 days of weight training. I require that they get 3 hours a day in the gym so we can keep the body like a furnace and burn all day. Amy enjoys Boot Camp and Personal Training and Phillip enjoys hard workouts and cardio mix. If I could choose any two off the ranch, I have to say that God had his hand in this one without a doubt. 5 more weeks till we fly to LA, so we need all the support we can get.
Much Love! DJ
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment